The 2015 moving season is in full effect and has been taking a major hit from newspapers, the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). Due to over 6,000 complaints to the FMCSA in the past two years, government officials are having to crack down on moving companies. The FMCSA and the BBB have been active this moving season, in making sure that residents across the United States are equipped with the proper information for finding a legitimate moving company in their area.
Denver movers, in cooperation with the BBB and FMCSA, want to share with you some of their tips:
- Get an in-home estimate
- Get at least 3 estimates
- Never pay a deposit – move along to another moving company
- Do your research – look at reviews, check their status on the FMCSA website, check their licenses, and get referrals from friends and family.
- Get everything in writing and use it to your advantage
- Know your rights as a moving
- Get moving insurance
- Use your acquired knowledge – let your mover know that you know the rules and are prepared to challenge them should they try to trick you.
- Never hire a mover online or get a quote online
All My Sons Moving & Storage Denver is a professional, highly skilled and trained moving company. With over two decades of moving experience, we can guarantee a stress-free moving experience. Not sure – check out our website and do some research on us – we encourage it!