Denver Moving Tips
Some Moving Tips to Keep in Mind:
- Before moving to Denver, notify your telephone, electric, gas, water, and credit card Companies.
- Forward necessary mail to your new address. Discontinue service on a specific date.
- Notify former employers. This will make tax time less taxing.
- Be there and give direction. Let them know what you want loaded first and loaded last.
- Get a copy of your inventory sheet from the foreman. Double check his notations about existing damage to your goods.
- Have your insurance plan readily available. Hopefully you will have no use of this tip.
- Devise a system. You should label your boxes with their destination in your new home. Hang numbered signs on the doorposts of each room and write the same numbers on the appropriate boxes. (Example: “2nd Fl./Room 4?) If you’re handy with a pencil, sketch a sample layout of your house, number the rooms on it, and post the layout on the truck for reference.
- Load the rooms to be unloaded first—last. Whatever room is furthest from the entrance in your new home should be that room. In other words, unload back to front. The kitchen should be done at the very end though, because heavy appliances should go in the truck first.
- Don’t forget to have your tools ready when you start unloading. You should put your tool box in when everything else is loaded in the truck.
- Take all your valuable documents and jewelry with you! Don’t forget about your plants either. Most are too sensitive to make a long journey in a hot, dark truck. If you can take them with you too.
This entry was posted in denver movers
, Denver Movers Categories
, home tips
, Moving Tips
and tagged denver local movers
, Denver movers
, local denver movers
. Bookmark the permalink
. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post
Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.