Clearing out your house before you begin packing is one of the best things you can do for yourself, as far as being proactive goes. When it comes to decluttering, there are a few questions you should be asking yourself in regards to the items you feel like you are on the fence for. All My Sons Moving & Storage, the top Aurora moving company, is here to help you declutter your home before you move. Ask yourself these questions in order to assess whether you need to keep the item, donate it, or throw it away.
1.What is it? The first question the Aurora moving company suggests asking yourself is to assess the item. Is it clothing or shoes, books, sentimental items, or toiletries?
2. Do I use this thing regularly? Answer yes, no, or maybe – then move on to the next question.
3. What does this item mean to me, where did I even get it? If you cannot remember where you got the item, or if it has no sentimental value, it is safe to discard it.
4. If I saw this item in a store today, would I buy it?
5. Am I willing to pay to move it?
6. Do I have another one like it, or better than this one? If the answer is no, take the item with you! If the answer is maybe, or yes, the Aurora moving company suggests tossing or donating it to help declutter your home.